Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Altec in the movies?

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kercher View Post
    I think I'll have to add Saturday Night Fever to the Netflix list.
    Dan

    Well I wouldn't go that far.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brennan View Post
    Well I wouldn't go that far.
    Exactly. Sitting through the movie or renting it to get a look at some VOTTs ain't much worth it. Awlful movie IMHO.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    I had a crush on Sally Fields when she stared in the Flying Nun.

    I didn't notice the speakers until the 3rd or 4th time I saw the movie. My eyes were focused elsewhere.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    There was a '70s XXX movie living room scene that shows matte black A7-500's facing into the room on each side of a long sofa, but what made them stand out to me besides their orientation was that they had a second 511 stacked on top of each horn to create a ~350 Hz horn, same as I'd done.

    In 'The Conversation', there's scenes with a wall mounted 9845 studio monitor where Gene Hackman is playing back surveillance tapes IIRC. Been decades since I've seen it, but remember it as an above average movie. Hmm, need to add it to my Wish List.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member ALTECjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    No pics, but in "Rock and Roll High School" the evil principal uses ALTEC A-7s to address the unruly students before they burn down the school.

    Great Rodger Corman "B" movie starring The Ramones!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Michael V's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2009
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    Not certain, but in the movie "V for Vendetta" there is a scene showing various horn PA speakers, and most appear to be Altec. That was the only memorable moment of the movie for me!

  7. #17
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    Another Sally Fields related Altec-in-the-movies sighting;

    In Forrest Gump, the protest scene at the DC mall, when Forrest is asked to speak, an officer sneaks over stage right and pulls a bunch of interconnects from a rack of green Altec gear.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    You must be watching TMC this week. Forest Gump is on every night this week at 8.

  9. #19
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec in the movies?

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtie427ss View Post
    Sally's southern half was a severe but pleasant distraction.
    No signs of osteoporosis there!



    Slightly on slightly off topic.

    I believe there is a magnificent or valencia/similar (?) shown mounted on the control room back wall, on the back of Steely Dan's 'countdown to ecstasy'.

    Of course, darned if I can find a pic of the back cover now for reference...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.